Reported Speech - Exercise 1
Click here to view the solution of this exercise
1. Mr Brown said (that) he had been watching TV the night before (the previous night).
2. Sandy explained (that) she had seen the accident at the corner of High Street.
3. Bob said (that) they had had a wonderful time at Peter's party.
4. The farmer said (that) he hadn't seen her.
5. Will and Tim said (that) they had been very happy about the present.
6. Mr Jones said (that) as a young boy he had collected stickers.
7. Peter reported (that) they had played a lot of tennis the year before (the previous year).
8. Mother said (that) she had a headache.
9. The Clarks told us (that) they had driven right down to Athens the summer before (the previous summer).
10. Helen said (that) she was watching the late-night show.
11. Peter said (that) they had been interested in other countries.
12. Mr Cooper said (that) he took his medicine regularly.
13. Mrs Miller said (that) she didn't feel better then.
14. Sarah said (that) her father took her to school every day.
15. He said to the reporters (that) he was (is) a farmer in Cornwall.