Reported Speech - Exercise 2
Click here to view the solution of this exercise
1. Mrs Jones told us (that) her sister worked (works) in Manchester.
2. Paul said (that) he felt terrible.
3. Sally said to the policeman (that) they didn't know the way to the police station.
4. Mrs Green said (that) she heard strange noises in her garden every night.
5. Tom told me (that) he met his friend on the way to school.
6. Mrs White said (that) her children liked (like) fish and chips.
7. Helen said (that) the tickets for the show were very expensive.
8. The lady told me (that) Mr O'Connor sold (sells) the best meat around there.
9. The children said (that) they could watch TV every Saturday night.
10. Helen told me (that) she had to help her mother in the kitchen every evening.
11. He told me (that) he was looking for his key.
12. Mark said (that) she liked something to drink.
13. They told us (that) their car made such a noise.
14. My sister told me (that) she was visiting her the following Monday ((the) next Monday).
15. Carol said (that) he didn't invite her to the party.