Reported Speech - Exercise 5
Click here to view the solution of this exercise
1. They said (that) it would be hot the next day.
2. Mother said (that) she was busy.
3. She told the police (that) she had heard strange noises during the night.
4. Peter said (that) he went (goes) to school by train.
5. Sandy said (that) her father liked (likes) sweets.
6. She told me (that) she had been phoning with her friend for two hours.
7. Peter said (that) he had known Jim's phone number, but he couldn't remember it then.
8. Jim told me (that) he would spend his holidays in Paris the following year.
9. Bob told me (that) he had gone to a birthday party the night before (the previous night).
10. Tom said (that) he was learning for the history test.
11. They said (that) they had just returned from London.
12. Mary said (that) she knew the answer.
13. He said (that) he had read that book the month before (the previous month).
14. Mrs White told us (that) she would stay at home the following weekend.
15. Peter and Sally said (that) they lived in New York.